Knowledge About Carrier Tape,cover Tape And Plastic Reels
Nov. 14, 2019
Three-in-one use of carrier tape, cover tape and plastic reel.
Carrier tape size (1)
W : Carrier Tape width
PO: guide hole center distance
P2: horizontal distance between the center hole of the forming groove and the center of the side hole
P1: distance between the center holes of two adjacent molding grooves
E: the vertical distance between the guiding hole and the belt edge
F: the vertical distance between the center of the guide hole and the center of the forming groove
DO: guide hole diameter
D1: diameter of the center hole of the forming groove
T: tape thickness
A0: lateral width of the forming groove
BO: longitudinal width of the forming groove
KO: Vertical distance between the surface of the forming groove and the bottom surface of the groove
Carrier tape size (2)
v 8-24 bandwidth positioning hole is only on one side, W>32mm positioning hole on both sides,
The automatic placement equipment removes the components contained in the pocket by the precise positioning of the carrier positioning holes.
The carrier tape width is different, the precision is different, and the wider the carrier tape, the larger the tolerance is allowed.
Requirements for use
1.The sealing and peeling requirements (20g-80g) are as follows:
8mm CARRIER TAPE: 20g-80g
12-56mm CARRIER TAPE: 20g-130g
＞72mm CARRIER TAPE: 20g-150g
The allowable rotation displacement (1) of the assembly is as follows
The function of the carrier tape
1. Easy to carry
2. To ensure efficiency
3. Product model
4. The number of length
5. Electrical protection
6. Carrying and transport
7. Packaging function
The type of carrier tape
(1) Narrow carrier tape class: 8mm and 12 mm
(2) Wide Carrier tape: 16mm, 24mm, 32mm, 44mm, 56mm, 72mm
Note: The carrier length depends on the customer's packaging quantity requirements.
(3) Features of narrow belt: round turbine construction, raw material PC PS, fixed mold, large output, long rice length, more precise, higher requirements. (Bandwidth 8mm, 12mm is used to be called narrow band. The materials used in this type of carrier are PC, PE, PS)
(4) Broadband characteristics: flat machine construction, raw material PS, mold change, small output, variety, complex molding, and the number of meters is not long. (Bandwidths of 16mm, 24mm, 32mm, 44mm, 56mm, 72mm, 88mm, etc. are commonly referred to as broadband, and such materials are commonly used in materials such as PE, PS, ABS, PVC)
(1) The full name is “the cover tape on the electronic packaging”. It is referred to as the upper belt and the cover belt. English: “COVER TAPE”.
The categories are: according to the sealing conditions can be divided into heat-sealed cover tape and self-adhesive cover tape; according to the electrical properties of the material can be divided into: anti-electricity and non-electricity.
Bandwidth of 5.3mm, 9.3mm, 13.5mm, 21.5mm, 25.5mm, 37.5mm, 49.5mm, 65.5mm, etc.
The material is generally made of PET as the base material;
(2) Cover tape: The heat-sealing type cover tape needs to be heated before sealing equipment can be bonded. The length of such cover tape is generally 300M/R, 480M/R; the appearance is transparent and milky white;
The self-adhesive cover tape does not need to be heated in the sealing device. Since the material has a pressure sensitive material, when the sealing is applied with pressure, it can be automatically sealed.
This type of cover tape is generally only 200M/R. The appearance is transparent and brown. In terms of electrical properties, there are only two types of anti-electric and non-electric types.
The electric resistance surface resistance value is 107-11 Ω/□.
The non-electric surface resistance value is 1012 Ω/□ or more.
(3) cover tape attribute: normal type, electric resistance, color is milky white and transparent color, length is divided into: 300M/R and 480M/R
Due to the different formulas of different manufacturers, each has its own matching. The cover tape of any manufacturer can not be arbitrarily matched with the carrier tape of another manufacturer. All the sealing of the upper tape and lower tapes must be tested and approved, and can be supplied to the customer for use. All materials used must comply with the European Union's Electrical and Electronic Products Environmental Protection Directive ROHS, and its specific elemental standards are the same as the carrier tape.
The full name of the reel is "electronic packaging reel" referred to as reel, plastic disc, roulette. English: "REEL". This is a reel in the customary sense. In the broad sense, the reel also has a plastic disc and a paper tray. Under normal circumstances, the plastic disc is purchased and sold separately, and the paper tray is attached.
(1) Reel category: According to the diameter of the reel, it can be divided into 7 inches, 13 inches and 15 inches. Narrow strips typically use a 7-inch plastic disc. Broadband generally uses a 13-inch or 15-inch plastic disk. The material is generally PS;
The thickness is 8 mm, 12 mm, 16 mm, 24 mm, 32 mm, 44 mm, 56 mm, 72 mm, 88 mm, and the like.
The thickness is mainly determined by the carrier tape used by the customer.
Note: (carrier tape width = reel thickness)
(2) The reel can be divided into conductive materials, anti-electric materials and non-electric materials according to the electrical properties of the materials used. The conductive reel generally has a black appearance and a surface resistance value of 104-6 Ω/□;
The anti-electric reel has a black, blue and white appearance. The surface resistance value is 107-11 Ω/□; since the preparation is based on the electrostatic liquid, the surface is slightly wet and the storage period is only six months.
Non-electric plastic reel, no electrostatic liquid. Appearance blue, white. The surface resistance value is 1012 Ω/□ or more. Due to different applications, the axial center is different. Generally, the IC type is used with a plastic reel, the axis is small, and the others are larger.
(3) Material category: PS material; PC material; ABS material; single layer material; three layer material.
Material properties: PS transparent material; PS conductive material; PC transparent material; PC conductive material; ABS conductive material; single layer material;
(4) Carrier material: According to the electrical properties of the material, it can be divided into conductive materials, anti-electric materials and non-electric materials.
Conductive material, black appearance, opaque, surface resistance value of 10^4-6 Ω / □;
Anti-electric material, black appearance, opaque, surface resistance value is 10^7-11 Ω / □;
Non-electrical material, colorless, transparent, surface resistance value is 10^12 Ω / □ or more.
PC material has good toughness strength, followed by PE (ABS), and PS again.